No more hot compresses that lose their heat too fast. No more dripping from wet cloths.
Why do I need a heated eye mask?
Meibomian glands produce the oil component of tears (meibum) , which is necessary to stop the tears evaporating too fast. The main cause of dry eyes is meibomian gland dysfunction.
In some people, the quality of this meibum is poor and the consistency changes. They can then end up with solidified meibum inside the glands, blocking them and preventing oils being released.
The traditional treatment for clearing the glands of solidified meibum is regular application of heat to melt the meibum, and pressure to force out the melted contents of the gland.
In the past, the only way to apply heat to the eyelids was via hot flannels or microwaveable products. Electronic heat devices are now available as an alternative.
The Benefits Of The Wizard Laboratories Heated Eye Mask
- The electronic powering means the mask retains its heat, unlike microwaveable products, or wet compresses which cool down too quickly to be really effective.
- It is designed to heat up to the exact temperatures needed to melt the meibum. No guesswork.
- It has an adjustable timer so you can just set it for the right length of time. No clock watching or leaving it on too long.
- It is a comfortable design.
- It comes with two washable covers, for good hygiene.
- USB connection makes it easy to plug in anywhere.
How do I use the heated eye mask?
The recommended use is ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes in the evening every day, but you can wear the mask for longer if you feel you need it.
• Plug in your heated eye mask and press the Power button.
• Adjust the heat setting and timer settings, choosing from four different heat settings.
• Put on the mask. If it feels too hot, lower the temperature.
When the time you have set is up, the mask will automatically turn off. You should then massage your eyelids to express the melted oils.
• Making sure your finger is clean, rub your eyelids in a sweeping motion towards your eye lashes – sweeping downwards for the upper lids and upwards for the lower lids.
• Do this for 5 seconds on each lid.